Adecard IV Injection
- 6 mg/2 ml
- Popular Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- 2 ml ampoule: ৳ 150.00 (5’s pack: ৳ 750.00)
Dosage & Administration
- Initial dose: 6 mg given as rapid IV bolus (administered over 1-2 second period).
- Repeat administration: If the first dose does not result in elimination of the supraventricular tachycardia within 1-2 minutes, 12 mg should be given as rapid intravenous bolus. This 12 mg dose may be repeated for second time if required.
Pediatric: The dosages used in neonates, infants, children and adolescents were equivalent to those administered to adults on a weight basis.
- Body weight < 50 kg: Initial dose – 0.05 to 0.1 mg/kg as a rapid IV bolus given either centrally or peripherally. A saline flush should follow.
- Body weight > 50 kg: The adult dose is recommended. Doses greater than 12 mg are not recommended for adult and pediatric patients.
Repeat administration: If conversion of PSVT does not occur within 1-2 minutes, additional bolus injections of adenosine can be administered at incrementally higher doses, increasing the amount given by 0.05 to 0.1 mg/kg. A saline flush should follow. This process should continue until sinus rhythm is established or a maximum single dose of 0.3 mg/kg is used.
- Second- or third-degree A-V block (except in patients with a functioning artificial pacemaker).
- Sinus node disease, such as sick sinus syndrome or symptomatic bradycardia (except in patients with a functioning artificial pacemaker).
- Known hypersensitivity to Adenosine.
Central Nervous System: Lightheadedness, dizziness, tingling in arms, numbness, apprehension, blurred vision, burning sensation, heaviness in arms, neck and back pain.
Gastrointestinal: Nausea, metallic taste, tightness in throat, pressure in groin. In post-market clinical experience with Adenosine, cases of prolonged asystole, ventricular tachycardia, ventricular fibrillation, transient increase in blood pressure, bradycardia, hypotension, atrial fibrillation and bronchospasm, in association with Adenosine use, have been reported.