Surgery and Traumatology: Sprain, bruises, dislocations, fractures, softtissue injuries, surgical interventions.
Obstetrics and Gynecology: Primary dysmenorrhoea, episiotomy, adnexitis, endometritis, parametritis, salpingitis, and mastitis.
Otorhinolaryngology: As pre-operative medication for the prevention of pain, inflammation, and swelling.
Dentistry: Post-operative and post-traumatic pain, inflammation, and swelling.
Other indications: For the prevention of pain and treatment of inflammation and swelling of patients operated in the urogenital tract, renal and biliary colic.
Dosage & Administration
Diclofenac SR Tablet:
- Adult: 1 tablet daily, taken whole with liquid, preferably at meal times. If necessary, the daily dose can be increased to 150 mg by supplementation with conventional tablets.
- Children: 1-3 mg of diclofenac/kg body wt. daily in divided doses.
- Elderly patients: In elderly or debilitated patients, the lowest effective dosage is recommended, although the pharmacokinetics of diclofenac sodium is not impaired to any clinically relevant extent in elderly patients.
Diclofenac Dispersible Tablet:
- Adults: The recommended daily dosage is 2-3 tablets and the maximum daily dose is 150 mg. In milder cases, 2 tablets of Diclofenac DT per day are sufficient. Diclofenac DT should preferably be taken before meals.
- Children: Diclofenac is not recommended in children for other indications except juvenile rheumatoid arthritis where the recommended dose is 1-3 mg/kg body weight. Diclofenac DT is to be dropped into a half-glass of water and the liquid is to be stirred to aid dispersion before swallowing. There is no information on the use of Diclofenac DT for more than 03 months.
Diclofenac TR Capsule: One capsule daily. Diclofenac TR should be taken preferably after mealtimes.
Diclofenac Suppository: For adults: 50 mg suppository 2-3 times daily. Maximum daily dose is 150 mg.
Diclofenac injection: For adults the usual dose is 1 ampoule daily. In serious cases this dose may be increased up to 2 ampoules daily.
Diclofenac Gel: For external use only. Depending on the size of area to be treated, 2-4 g of Diclofenac gel should be applied to the skin 3-4 times daily. To the affected area gel should be rubbed in lightly. This gel may also be given in addition to further treatment with other dosage forms of Diclofenac.